Archive for category Dogs
If my dog could speak
Posted by johnlamb1 in Dogs, Humor, Pets, Uncategorized on April 17, 2021
Molly just turned 2, which I’m told is the adolescence stage for a dog. The teen years.
She’s a terrific dog and great companion, but I am seeing the emergence of a stubborn/independent streak. Makes me wonder what she’s thinking.
Here’s a possible list of her thoughts:
- I know you’re late for work, but would you chase me around the house for 45 minutes?
- Seriously? It’s raining.
- There’s that cute Golden Retriever. Don’t embarrass me.
- How’s your steak? I’m having dry Purina for dinner.
- I let you win at tug-o-war.
- You had me at belly rub.
- Are you really going to carry that bag around? It’s embarrassing.
- You haven’t petted me for 10 minutes. Did I do something wrong?
- Reindeer antlers aren’t as funny as you think.
- I like to mess with you by barking into the darkness.
- How about a trade—I’ll swap a a bowl of this delicious Purina for a couple of small bites of your greasy, overcooked steak.
- Oh, and your breath is always minty-fresh?
- Give me the word and I’ll rid this neighborhood of squirrels.
- Why did you throw that away that perfectly good piece of grizzle?
- My time on this earth is shorter than yours and I want you to have good memories when I’m gone, so let’s play fetch using pieces of that steak.