Archive for category Dogs
Molly just turned 2, which I’m told is the adolescence stage for a dog. The teen years.
She’s a terrific dog and great companion, but I am seeing the emergence of a stubborn/independent streak. Makes me wonder what she’s thinking.
Here’s a possible list of her thoughts:
- I know you’re late for work, but would you chase me around the house for 45 minutes?
- Seriously? It’s raining.
- There’s that cute Golden Retriever. Don’t embarrass me.
- How’s your steak? I’m having dry Purina for dinner.
- I let you win at tug-o-war.
- You had me at belly rub.
- Are you really going to carry that bag around? It’s embarrassing.
- You haven’t petted me for 10 minutes. Did I do something wrong?
- Reindeer antlers aren’t as funny as you think.
- I like to mess with you by barking into the darkness.
- How about a trade—I’ll swap a a bowl of this delicious Purina for a couple of small bites of your greasy, overcooked steak.
- Oh, and your breath is always minty-fresh?
- Give me the word and I’ll rid this neighborhood of squirrels.
- Why did you throw that away that perfectly good piece of grizzle?
- My time on this earth is shorter than yours and I want you to have good memories when I’m gone, so let’s play fetch using pieces of that steak.