Archive for January, 2016
Test your Super Bowl knowledge
Posted by johnlamb1 in Sports, Sports, Trivia, Uncategorized on January 31, 2016
After 5 months of action, we’ve finally reached Super Bowl week. While the Broncos and Panthers go through final preparations, let’s take a short quiz to test your knowledge of the big game.
Questions (answers below)
- Which city is hosting this year’s Super Bowl?
- Who won the first two Super Bowls?
- Player on the winning teams of the first 11 Super Bowls earned $15,000. What did the Patriots players earn after winning Super Bowl 49 last year? a) $97,000 b) $150,000 c) $237,000
- This brash, young quarterback promised a Super Bowl III victory, and then delivered the upset.
- Name one of the three teams that have appeared in the most Super Bowls (8).
- Phil Simms was the first Super Bowl MVP to tell the world, “I’m going to ____.”
- This former contestant on Dancing with the Stars holds the record for most Super Bowl touchdowns. Name him. Hint: all touchdowns came on pass receptions.
- Pittsburgh holds the record for most Super Bowl victories. How many times have the Steelers won the big game?
- Of 49 games, how many Super Bowls have been decided by 3 points or less?
- Which of this year’s two teams, Carolina and Denver, has a better record in the Super Bowl?
Bonus question – 3 points
Walter Iooss will be at his 50th Super Bowl this year. Who is he?
Hint: he does what I would want to be doing.
- This year’s Super Bowl is in Santa Clara , California. Give yourself a point if you responded San Francisco or the Bay Area.
- The Green Bay Packers won Super Bowl I and Super Bowl II.
- The Patriots players earned $97,000 for winning the Super Bowl 49.
- Joe Namath promised and delivered a victory over the Baltimore Colts in Super Bowl II.
- The Patriots, Steelers, and Cowboys have appeared in eight Super Bowls.
- Phil Simms was the first MVP to say “I’m going to Disney World.”
- Jerry Rice scored 8 Super Bowl touchdowns.
- The Steelers have won the Super Bowl six times, followed by San Francisco and Dallas with five victories
- Eight Super Bowls have been decided by 3 points or less.
- Denver. The Broncos have won twice in seven games, Carolina is winless in one game.
Walter Iooss is a Sports Illustrated photographer.
1-4 You watch for the commercials
5-7 All Pro
8 – 10 MVP